https://www.bioenergyca.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/bac_favicon01.png 116 114 Julia Levin https://www.bioenergyca.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/bac_forweb.jpg Julia Levin2022-08-11 10:25:102022-08-11 10:25:14BAC Comments on Proposed Changes to the LCFS
BAC Comments on Proposed Changes to the LCFS
BAC submitted comments to the Air Resources Board on proposed changes to the Low Carbon Fuel Standard Program, including:
- Support for increasing the carbon intensity requirement for 2030 and establishing 5-year interim targets between 2025 and 2045.
- Need to prioritize fuels that reduce Short-Lived Climate Pollutants to meet the requirements of SB 1383.
- Adopt incentives to support instate biofuels generated from organic waste.
- Support adoption of sustainability criteria for biofuels.
- Need to add “book and claim” for hydrogen and electricity generated from biogas, consistent with the RPS.
- Need to accurately account for avoided landfill emissions.
Read BAC’s comments on proposed changes to the LCFS: